How successful are your email campaigns? To track your success, you need to pay special attention to your response rates. Many email service providers offer some kind of tracking service that provides this information for you, but if you’re looking for a more detailed and thorough report, you should use an email service provider that works with Google Analytics, like Juvlon.
What’s so great about Google Analytics? We’ll explain.
What is Google Analytics?
Launched in 2005, Google Analytics is a free service that monitors and reports traffic to your website. Since its genesis, Google Analytics has added two additional versions: Google Analytics 360 Suite, a subscription-based service for more advanced marketers looking to integrate data and analytics; and Google Analytics for Mobile Apps, which helps businesses monitor app usage.
How can Google Analytics improve your emails?
Google Analytics can help you determine if your emails are working. Here are a few valuable lessons you learn from Google Analytics:
- You’ll find out which devices and operating systems are being used, which can be helpful in modifying your app or making your website more responsive.
- Performance reports can tell you if your website’s load time is too slow, which could significantly decrease your conversions. The best emails in the world won’t work if they take customers to a frustrating site.
- Site search reports can tell you what customers are looking for, giving you the opportunity to create email campaigns around the most sought-after products or services.
- Traffic source data can help you determine where your website visitors come from. Compare your email marketing efforts to text messaging campaigns and paid search campaigns to determine if your marketing budget is being used wisely.
- Campaign reports let you compare email campaigns in order to determine which are most successful.
- The Behavior Flow analytic will tell you what customers are doing once they arrive at your site through an email campaign.
Which metrics should you watch?
Google Analytics provides dozens of statistics with easy-to-read charts and graphs. Here’s a snapshot of the information that’s provided:
Need a little help figuring out which metrics you should watch? Having the tools to measure success is only helpful if you know what to look for. Some of the most important metrics to consider when evaluating your email campaign with Google Analytics include:
• Open rate
• Which links were clicked
• Which emails were shared
• Customers’ activity on website
• Email conversions (including purchases on your site, downloads, newsletter sign-ups, etc.)
• Revenue generated from each email campaign
• Revenue generated from an individual customer
• Unsubscribe rate
• Bounce rate
How can you get started?
The best email marketers are constantly monitoring their analytics to see what’s working and what’s not. Using these metrics, you can make adjustments and improve your success rates.
The best part is, you don’t need to be a developer to put Google Analytics to use. The basic service is designed to work for even the most beginning marketers. To get started, visit www.google.com/analytics and follow the instructions. If you need additional help, Google’s Analytics Academy provides free online classes to teach you the fundamentals.